First week of the new year is done! The holidays always remind me how much I love routine (until I’m bored). And I had such a refreshing week of completely mundane routine. And it made me so happy.
- Dammit GRRM. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I felt this coming a few months ago. If he were on track with the next book, we would have been hearing more about the impending release. I didn’t actually start reading the books until after the first season of the show, so I don’t feel like I have a TON of room to gripe about having to watch the show spoil the books compared to OG book readers (and I use the term “having” loosely, obv I could just not watch it), but I do enjoy the books so much better and would much prefer to be able to read it first. Oh well, at least now Nick won’t have to work to thinly veil his annoyance at my hint dropping (“OH MAN, next week’s episode is going to be INTENSE, you are in for such a treat!”) and shameless staring at his reactions (I probably completely gave away the Red Wedding bc my eyes were constantly flickering between his face and the screen. He knew some shit was about to go DOWN.).
- We bought actual bedroom furniture from a store this week! This isn’t really exciting, but it’s the first time we will have new furniture that I didn’t have to build and stain myself, so YAY. Adults. This has also given me all kinds of inspiration to get our master all clean and decorated. Note: I haven’t actually done any physical work in that regard, but I’m INSPIRED to. I’ve been pinning lots of things.
- I changed my WW weigh-in day from Friday to Monday, in an attempt to push me to keep it together on the weekends (haha, we’ll see about that). I’ve ALWAYS weighed in on Fridays no matter what system I’m using to track food, so it’s really really bizarre to me to not have to weigh-in today. I don’t know what to do with myself. I totally could have had wine last night without any immediate scale repercussions. What is life.
- I’ve hit another “If I have to eat this again, I’m going to die” point with my usual lunch salad. Every couple of weeks I get totally repulsed by my usual favorite salad and have to switch it up for a week or so. So now I’m on the prowl for good, weight-watcher friendly lunch ideas. What do you eat for lunch?
- I read “Luckiest Girl Alive” by Jessica Knoll this week. It was pretty dark, but I loved it. Dark, weird, mystery books might be one of my new favorite genres. I read this one in about two sittings, it reminded me of a few months ago when I stayed up til like 1 am finishing up “Dark Places” by Gillian Flynn. Mysteries are just so ENGAGING (this is news to no one), and a nice change up from all the historical fiction I’ve been into lately. I’m still on the waiting list for “The Girl on the Train” from my library, so I need to find an available creepy mystery to entertain me until then.
Tell me about your week! Do you love routine as much as me? What have you been reading lately? What is your favorite go-to lunch?