- Today’s Friday is super short for me, we are heading out of town to good ol’ Parkersburg WV today for Molly’s baby shower!
- We started popcorn ceiling removal in our dining room over Thanksgiving, but we also got suuuper lazy with it and did like one step of the process per day. That resulted in us painting the ceiling at night this week, which has been just the absolute worst. Having to do shit other than make dinner and work out in the evenings after work depresses me like whoa. What about MY TIME. When do I get to laze about and READ and WATCH TV.
- So, obviously, I skipped working out at all this week to preserve my TV watching time. Between that and being sick, I’ve taken an unplanned two weeks off of working out. I’m starting to actually feel bad about it, so I’m committing myself to picking back up my LG/running plan next week.
- I should REALLY feel bad about it because Krista and I signed up for the Shamrock Half Marathon in March. What is wrong with us?
- We are in the process of planning a trip to Asheville this December between Christmas and New Year’s with two of our best friends! I have never been to Asheville so suggestions and tips are very welcome. Our current list of things to do looks like this: 1. Beer 2. More beer 3. Maybe see some mountains? 4. Beer Beer Beer.
- I made this recipe this week, it was so good! Nick refers to it as “fancy hamburger helper” (side eye), but it’s much better than that would imply and used up a ton of stuff that we already had. I think I only had to buy Rotel and cilantro. I used ground beef instead of turkey since we have so much, but only used a pound vs 1.3 pounds.
- I finished the Outlander TV show season one! (I love how in every Friday post I complain and having no time to watch TV and read and then proceed to blather about everything I’ve watched and read. In my defense, I watched 90% of the season over Thanksgiving time off.) It was really good, I was nervous that I wouldn’t like it as much as the book, which is why I put off watching it for so long, but it was really awesome.
What are you watching/reading? Any fun trips coming up for the end of the year?