Whoo, this week was a rough one. Lots of studying, preparing for that test, taking the test, etc. I’m ready for this weekend!
- This weekend we have no plans, I’m pretty pumped about it. I’m looking for some house stuff to get into, but I think it might turn into a general cleaning/organization effort. Which doesn’t really call for a fun blog post, boooo. I’m dying to get those Ikea RAST dressers done, but I’m waiting on SOMEONE to cut some wood trim for me, cough*NICK*cough.
- I made this recipe to use up a spaghetti squash and it turned out well. Nick and I both liked it, I will be adding it to the regular rotation. I don’t eat Paleo (and in fact, I un-Paleo-ized it by adding cheese on top….) but this is a good recipe, regardless of diet. Next time I might add more pizza-type veggies like mushrooms and green peppers.
- I keep forgetting to do the ab workouts at the bottom of the days on LG’s Fitabulous Fall Calendar. I’ve probably accidentally skipped like half of them at this point. I’m sharing that here for accountability’s sake, next week I hope to report that I completed all assigned ab work. If I don’t, you can leave me mean comments (and by that I mean ones that seem like tough love but are actually super nice and motivating).
- I failed at reading “The Goldfinch” before my library rental expired. I got back on the waiting list but it’s hella long for this book, so it’ll be a while. Now I’m on the hunt for something else to read. I’m thinking the next book in the “Outlander” series, “The Fiery Cross”. I love this series. I’m also really into Philippa Gregory’s books and am reading The Tudor Court series, but my library is missing the book that I’m on (but of course has every other book in the series? WHY? Why would you have 6/7 books that are part of a series?). I might have to break my New Year’s resolution of not spending so much damn money on books and spring for the next one.
- Speaking of, has anyone watched the Outlander show on Starz? I’m dying to see it, but need to figure out a way to watch it without cable and an actual Starz subscription. I’ve heard it’s good.
What are your plans for the weekend? What is your favorite book series turned to TV (besides the obvious, Game of Thrones)?