Wow, 4 whole Friday’s of blogging? Time flies when you are having fun reliving your vacations I guess!
- I have grave news. I attempted to download iOS 9.2 and it crashed my phone. I am currently phoneless while my poor little broken phone is at home trying to restore itself. All because I wanted the new taco emoji. I will never look at tacos the same again (that’s a lie, I love tacos).
- This weekend will be a really fun one, I am headed to Richmond for healthnut’s bachelorette party! We are going to have a spa day followed by a night out, I can’t wait!
- Recovery from the half marathon has went really well. I felt less sore than I have with previous halfs (halves?? Someone please tell me!!). The only thing I really did differently (except for not completing my training) was the compression socks. I will be wearing these always.
- Also unlike previous races, I actually feel like I want to continue running and work on my speed for a while. I still want to continue on with the Lauren Gleisberg plan I mentioned previously, but will shoot to incorporate two run days per week. I’m eyeing a Turkey Trot 5k or a Jingle Bell Run for some short-term motivation.
- I started reading “The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt this week. I’m only 50 or so pages in and I’m having some trouble really getting into it. Has anyone else read this one? I wanted to continue the Joe Abercrombie series I mentioned last week, but they don’t have books 2 or 3 available at my library.
- Dinners were really good this week! Nick had a ton of poblanos from our garden that needed to be used up so we made up a stuffed pepper recipe of sorts. I cooked some ground beef with onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin. We mixed that with black beans, mexican blend shredded cheese and green enchilada sauce. We stuffed the peppers with the mixture and put them in a 9X13 pan. I then put more cheese and enchilada sauce over the top. It turned out great! We served it with rice, salsa, and extra cilantro.
Talk to me: What are your plans this weekend? Have you read any good books lately?