It’s Friday again!!
- The half marathon is this Sunday. Training has been pretty terrible since I got back from Greece. Post vacation laziness plus the constant rain we have been having has put quite a damper on my long runs. Fortunately (or unfortunately I guess?) my running partner is in the same boat as me. We are going to be doing some run/walk intervals and at this point we will be happy to make it to the end and collect our beers. Please and thank you.
- The half is in Myrtle Beach so I am looking forward to some beachy fun with my bff. I’ll be sure to write about all of our good eats!
- I’m looking forward to taking a bit of a break from running after the half (as I usually do, thus throwing away all of the running endurance be built, ensuring I will be starting back at zero the next time I get a wild hair to run a half). I’ve been looking at a couple of different plans but have mostly decided to join in on this Lauren Gleisberg schedule. I’ve done her 30×30 ebook program before and really really liked it.
- I read “Half a King” by Joe Abercrombie this week. I read on a message board that it was similar to Game of Thrones so I went into it with pretty high expectations. Like, really high. So the book was a little disappointing…. I’m sure I would have liked it had I not gone into it comparing to GoT, but I was disappointed nonetheless. I will say that the ending was a huge surprise, I didn’t see it coming at all. And it intrigued me enough to continue reading the other two books of the trilogy.
- We made chili this week and Nick smoked the beef before we made it. Wow, that added so much smoky flavor. We both loved it and Nick claims he’s never going to make chili another way.
- We also made this Skinnytaste recipe. It was good, but kind of watery. I wish the sauce came out a little thicker. I followed the recipe exactly, so I’m not sure what went wrong.
- I got my hair cut/colored on Monday and got trendy new ~Baylage~ highlights around the face. I can’t tell there is anything different in my hair and they were way more expensive, soooo. Won’t be doing that next time. I did say I wanted fairly “subtle” highlights. But I did also want them to be visible. Live and Learn.