It’s Friday again! Time for more bullets of random thoughts! Can you even stand it???
- This is the first weekend we will be home, sans guests, since right after we got back from Greece. I’m pretty pumped about it.
- I’m attending a Wine/Paint thing tonight and our painting is Halloween themed. It will be my first and only piece of Halloween decor.
- Speaking of decorating for holidays, am I the only idiot that hates it and doesn’t understand how/why we do this? It is hard enough to decorate a whole house ONCE, let alone multiple times throughout the year. And I don’t understand how the holiday decor is supposed to coordinate with your regular decor? Or are we supposed to do a full replace of all decor? Like my living room is tan and aqua. Halloween colors are orange and black, so this majorly clashes, yes? Or am I supposed to put away all of the aqua stuff? SO CONFUSED.
- I’m also planning on refinishing a metal bed frame that we have this weekend. I’ve been reading a bunch of tutorials and plan on taking pictures of the process for the blog! This bed is pretty awesome, it’s from Nick’s family and is apparently over 100 years old.
- I read two books this week, both by Gillian Flynn of Gone Girl fame. I read Dark Places and then Sharp Objects. They were both good and I would def recommend, but holy hell. I need to read Sesame Street or something equally light and happy after both of those. Those are some dark, dark books (I suppose I should have inferred that from the title).
- I made two new recipes this week, this Butternut Squash and Black Bean enchilada casserole, and this Minestrone soup. Both were great! For the enchilada casserole, I omitted the sour cream (only bc I don’t like it) and just used more enchilada sauce. I added mini meatballs and used orzo instead of ditalini in the Minestrone. I also added the pasta right to the soup to cook it, because #lazy.
Have a great weekend!